The Scalen agency has been supporting territories and their development for 45 years
The Nancy-South Lorraine territorial development agency was created in 1975. It is funded by Métropole de Grand Nancy (Greater Nancy Metropolitan Council), the State, the Grand Est (Greater East) Regional Council, the Meurthe-et-Moselle County Council, and any municipalities and EPCI (public establishment for intercommunal cooperation) who wished to join.
Its key roles in terms of economic development are to:
- accompany business projects
- support and run networks
- evaluate and enhance the region’s economic offer
- lead prospecting drives, and to enhance and promote the region’s attractiveness
- perform studies, and to develop economic observatories and strategies
The Agency is a member of the Federation of Economic Development Agencies (CNER) and the National Federation of Urban Planning Agencies (FNAU).
Our business services
In support of the Greater Nancy Metropolitan Area, Scalen offers completely confidential support to companies as they set-up or develop their projects:
- Supporting local businesses and connecting them with experts in financing, HR, training, innovation, business networks etc.
- Providing help with setting up and finding premises
- Business development both in the city centre and the suburbs.
- National and international promotion and prospection.
- Sharing information concerning specific sectors, the region and future events
A team of experts keen to turn your project into a success
The Scalen Agency works in close collaboration with the various economic players of the South Lorraine eco-system, including local authorities, consular chambers, the employment agency, DIRECCTE (the regional dept. for enterprise, competition, labour and employment), the University of Lorraine, BPI, PEEL, Alexis, various clusters, professional federations, and the territorial agency for the Greater East region etc. In 2017, Scalen met with 494 companies, an average of ten companies per week, and helped 240 of them turn their project into a reality.